Our first Praise & Harmony Workshop for the year was hosted by the Marble Falls, TX Church, who set the bar high for successful workshops.
Photos by Britni Brock
Here is what the Marble Falls Church did well:
1. They taught the assigned arrangements of the songs to the church well before the workshop. This allows us to teach practical principles and not spend the workshop time teaching songs. They mastered the songs ahead of time.
2. We met with a high percentage of their leadership in private consultation (elders, deacons, song leaders, etc.), resulting in some practical improvements to their approach. With a high turn out for this exercise, positive results became obvious in the very first worship assembly after this meeting.
3. The entire church embraced the primary Workshop and participated. When the Praise & Harmony Workshop began, everyone gathered in sections by voice parts (bass, alto, soprano and tenor), filling up the front of the auditorium first.
4. The Marble Falls Church invited local churches of all kinds, drawing visitors who traveled from several hours away.
5. They combined their teen and adult Sunday School classes for a wonderful session and discussion.
6. Everyone embraced the principles of the workshop, making the Sunday morning worship a mountain top experience!
7. Church leaders are serious about sponsoring at least two of their song leaders to attend our advanced, seven-day, intensive Worship Leader Institute training in July.
On top of their preparation and great turn out, Marble Falls is already working on scheduling a follow-up workshop next year. What a great way to start 2014!
To read more about what to expect from a Praise & Harmony Workshop, read this article.
We pray that all congregations will seriously invest in their worship and plan for future generations. To book a Praise & Harmony Workshop, contact Bill@Acappella.com